Representatives from AMAF have teamed up with 2 other competitive players to play in the SmackDown Fiesta HoN Tournament to be held on the 4th May at Elysium Internet Cafe in Fortitude Valley (Brisbane).
The team will comprise of:
Kieran = ‘Aristocrat’
Shaun = ‘Skasian’
Alex = ‘LawrenceWeng’
Dave = ‘tOki_dOki’
Ben = ‘jimmyrussel’
A quick run down on Jungle artillery for the 1600-1700 meta.
Popularised by the youtube guide written by Stonefain (see below) and also cause of discussion off reddit, jungle artillery was seen as a viable option in the latest patch. (LRM now does 100% damage to creeps)
Many discussions will claim that this is a viable strategy so I tested it out.
Stonefain’s Jungle Artillery Guide
Here is a summary of what I found:
- Artillery’s turn speed is quite slow especially during LRM, this can cause timing issues when trying to triple stack. This is most noticable if you are required to turn >180 degrees during the channel cause you to miss the third stack sometimes. In particular legion side suffers from this larger angle issue.
- Yes it is quite possible to achieve a massive 400 gpm in 6mins if you are undisturbed and also be on par or outlevel your mid and solo. However, this requires things to go exactly your way.
- Wild hunter creeps will slow this strat down due to their HP pool. Healer screws up your stack and an unlucky first spawn will leave you with no fast way to hit level 2.
- Whilst people will claim this jungle-art has the advantage over jun-lego due to artillery always being on full HP. It suffers a massive downside in that you constantly have low/no mana to spend on defending yourself or helping your short and mid ganks. This is a serious drawback when you compare this to an aggressive tempest jungler.
- Any sort of disruption by roaming supports drastically slows this build down. It’s essentially an ‘ALL-IN’ play to rush a mana ring. You are completely useless to your team in the first 6 mins and half this time you will have a potion on you and the other half you will be channeling. This means it’s VERY EASY to harass you while you channel and also to cancel your potion setting you MASSIVELY behind!
- You can’t gank till level 6, so your short lane must be strong (solo plague perhaps?). Either that or your opponent is playing suicide long.
- This idea works decently in 1600 games where people don’t expect it nor try to stop you. In 1700 and 1800 games this will completely fall apart against any half-organised pub team.
All in all, I give the strat points for creativity and almost bringing in a new jungler. But it falls short of any real potential.
The matchmaking queue times out after 30 mins with an error message saying no game could be found.
The longest queue thus far has been 30 + 21 mins for a game recorded on a Weekday at 10am.
Many scrubs can be found online during the day, expect a high influx of 1500′s and nothing else.
On Wednesday night AMAF rolled 3 games full of 1500 scrubs. They were fucking terrible.